Re: [Article] Google Charm makes its debut

__/ [ Who Turned Off The Lights? ] on Saturday 18 March 2006 15:07 \__

> On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 12:19:34 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>>[...]
>>
>> I agree. It was so good that it could not have been 'snipped. Until now!
>> *grin*
>
> Sorry, that's my fault as well. :-(
>
>> I came across some article on Google's  inability to keep secrets. I think
>> it was last night, but I can't remember the source or the context. The
>> media is rather obsessed with Google, either because plenty of what they
>> do is exciting (or overhyped rather).
>
> Would you say they intentionally work it all out that way? As in the
> following:
>
> <quote>
> That said, however, no-one is exactly sure what Google really wants to do
> in the future. But that's fine with Google. "The mystique works to our
> advantage," says Eric Schmidt,...
> </quote>
>
> They selectively choose what to keep secret while leaking out that which
> keeps the mystique (hype) running high.

I found Eric Schmidt rather creepy. He has said some strange things in the
past. Ballmer is even worse though. Jumping out out of a cake, shouting
"developers" 14 times, getting sweaty and hopping like a monkey is something
which is worse than a sequence of words.