Re: Basic Beginners Question

__/ [ Badass Scotsman ] on Saturday 18 March 2006 08:29 \__

> Hello,
>
> I have a page of the following BASIC structure:

> <head>
> <all required meta content>
> </head>
> <h1 header / image with alt tags>
> <Page Introduction>
>
> <IFRAME - ONLY HOLDS A FORM>
>
> <Other Page Content>
> <latest 5 news stories, update every day>
> <sponsored search listings>
>
> My question , the IFRAME simply holds an interactive form.  Should it still
> be fairly easy to optimise this page, or will the IFRAME be penalised?  I
> have no huge need to optimise the form itself, I need to know how Google
> will treat the page with and without the IFRAME.

This issue was very recently discussed. I believe that the conclusion was:
iframes do not get indexes. Someone please correct me if my memory betrays.

> My guess is, it will simply ignore the contents of the Iframe, and count
> everything else analysing the page?
>
> Each page probably has 500 words of real text or so (Ignoring sponsored
> search results), and at least 1 new news story being added per day.
>
> Warm Regards,
>
> Badass.

Sounds good enough. Make sure you do not use frames (or iframes) unless their
inclusion is vital.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | UNIX: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
 12:20pm  up 10 days  4:57,  9 users,  load average: 1.62, 1.21, 0.89