Re: Treo 650 and Bluetooth Keyboards

  • Subject: Re: Treo 650 and Bluetooth Keyboards
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 08:26:51 +0000
  • Followup-to: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
  • Newsgroups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
__/ [ DervMan ] on Saturday 18 March 2006 14:40 \__

> "Harlan Lachman" <hlachman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> In article <8asm12l6bbsm89b21clqt7q5dmmrp82uri@xxxxxxx>,
>> Charles Kinghorn <charlesREMOVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> What experience has any Treo 650 user had with Bluetooth keyboards? I
>>> would appreciate knowing the name of the keyboard and how good it was
>>> with day-to-day use.
>>>
>>> Charles Kinghorn
>>
>> I have a long customer relationship with Think Outside's Palm Keyboards
>> (one of the problems of upgrading from various Palms).
>>
>> I use their Blue Tooth Keyboard
>> (http://www.thinkoutside.com/stowawaybt_product.html)
>>
>> I found it for about $20 off retail. It works great, it s a great
>> keyboard, folds up really small, and has a great geek factor which for a
>> consultant to travels, invites conversations with clients, people on
>> planes, etc.
>
> For some, though, the geek factor needs to be small. :p

It devours batterie$, which cost$ you money. Distance from then screen is not
a factor worth considering because the display is very minute to begin with.

> I didn't think one could use Bluetooth onboard an aircraft?

You can't. Especially once they find out it is Bluetooth-enabled. I get
enough of a hard time when trying to use a Universal Connector keyboard.
They are technophobes.

>> The only downside, is that to shrink the keyboard to as small as it is,
>> they have switched to a function key to activate numbers and another one
>> to activate symbols. It is not difficult once you get used to it but it
>> does require getting used to.

The one that I use folds to a size that's comparable with the headheld
(Tungsten) and it is sometimes more convenient than full-sized keyboards
that I use of the desktop. The keys are gentler, which makes them quieter
too (an important factor in practice)

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Real E-mail -> Harvest -> Fraud -> Spammers profit
  8:20am  up 11 days  0:57,  10 users,  load average: 0.55, 0.71, 0.81