Re: Linux with Stronger 64-bit Support

__/ [ Nick Ballard ] on Sunday 19 March 2006 09:09 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> http://www.efytimes.com/fullnews.asp?edid=10775
>>
>> ,----[ Snippet ]
>> | Red Hat has come out with a new update to its Red Hat Enterprise Linux
>> | OS, which brings in better support for 64-bit architectures.
>> `----
>
> So now it's up to about 3/4 the speed of Ubuntu or Slackware?

Don't neglect the added value of a heavier install base. I agree that Ubuntu
and Slackware have got Red Hat in their little pocket for performance. Then
again, you don't compare like with the like.

Fedora Core 5 screenshot were put up last night:

http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=596&slide=57