Re: sounds problem

  • Subject: Re: sounds problem
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:05:43 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.linux
__/ [ Steve Welsh ] on Monday 20 March 2006 01:28 \__

> gerbilio wrote:
>> Hi.  I am using SuSE 10, and have replaced some of the standard system
>> alert sounds with some Warner Bros cartoon bites, like "OOOO, YA DERN
>> CRAZY GALOOT!!!" for an error msg etc.  They're stored as MP3's.
>> However, it seems to lose the last second or two from the sound clips
>> when it plays a system alert, such as "OOOO, YA DERN CR---" and like
>> that.
>>
>> I've encountered this amputation of the last bit of sound on Linux
>> systems before.  What causes it, and what can I do to fix it?
>>
>> MTIA, Matt
>>

> TROLL - Why TF would any Linux person have anything to do with Warner Bros?

Judging by the headers, it's likely to be genuine. Just likely. And who are
we to criticise other people's preferences? I agree it smells a little
fishy.

Best wishes,

roy
--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Somebody, give this politician a wedgie"
 12:00pm  up 12 days  4:37,  8 users,  load average: 1.71, 1.47, 1.22