Re: ranking in google

__/ [ Lucy ] on Monday 20 March 2006 14:49 \__

> HI,
>
> Initially our site was seen in the first page of google, but now the
> results are not good.  I have read about robot.txt helps in indexing
> the page in google, I want to know how much it is usefull, and do it
> really works.
>
> also please guide me to improve my site status
>
> lucy
> http://www.takingvegas.com

Hi Lucy,

I have not looked at the sure in question, but I thought I should point out
that robot.txt contains exclusions. The only way for robots.txt to enhance
and improve the ranking of your site is by removing irrelevant pages from
the index. This /may/ help your ranks, but not necessarily so. This can also
badly affect the breadth of your site, as perceived by the search engines.
For general advice on improving site ranking, search for some of the fine
SEO tips. There are plenty of them across the Web.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "All your archives are (sic) belong to Google"
  3:00pm  up 12 days  7:37,  8 users,  load average: 0.35, 0.81, 0.94