Re: Xara Xtreme Goes GPL!

__/ [ Roy Culley ] on Wednesday 22 March 2006 01:10 \__

> begin  risky.vbs
> <W5SdnXpCHJgrFr3ZRVn-vA@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Linønut <linønut@xxxxxxxx> writes:
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
>> wisdom:
>>
>>> http://www.linuxelectrons.com/article.php/20060321120606990
>>>
>>> To those who don't know Xara Xtreme, it has the potential of
>>> becoming a Photoshop/Corel Draw killer. Even HIM/Inkscape could
>>> take the toll. Example screenshots:
>>>
>>> http://www.xaraxtreme.org/about/screenshots.html
>>
>> Downloading code....
>
> So how is it for you? It seems pretty useless to me at this time. It
> will only open files in its format. A bit of a chicken and egg
> there. I didn't find any ability to import other formats such as jpg.

I haven't used Xara Xtreme myself (friends are talking about it), but
remember that it is primarily a vector drawling application. I imagine that
handling of encapsulated PostScript and fig files should be the way to
interact with other applications.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Have you compiled your kernel today?"
  5:45am  up 13 days 22:22,  7 users,  load average: 0.46, 0.55, 0.57