Re: IBM Thinks Linux

__/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Thursday 23 March 2006 04:06 \__

> __/ [ John Bailo ] on Thursday 23 March 2006 01:38 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Integration of Linux in the whole server line is a new fact to me. This
>>> reminds me of an oddity, which I read about this morning: GoDaddy moving
>>> their core hosting from Linux to Windows, which they said was financially
>>> viable.
>>
>> Yeah, bribery can do that.
>

> You can bet Microsoft will jump on this exception like a pitbull on a
> poodle. They take some of the few 'success stories'/'case studies'
> (potentially briberies) and spend many million on embedding these as
> adverts in many Web sites, Linux Web sites included. They make it look
> impartial. Just trust me. Seen it many times before. Linux should govern
> similar strategies in return. The large vendors have budgets.
>

>> BTW here's a link on that I 520:
>>
>> http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/software/os/
>>
>> Notice the two bars at the right -- Linux and Windows, and they both
>> seem to cut down below the HAL layers to the left.
>

> Of course. How could they not?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Roy

Addendum: This is not the first time GoDaddy sidle with Windows and betray
(even snub) others:

http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/12/08/236246&tid=177

,----[ Quote ]
| For over two weeks domain registrar GoDaddy has been serving blank
| pages to Safari and Opera users who attempt to access sites using
| its domain forwarding and masking service.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Real E-mail -> Harvest -> Fraud -> Spammers profit
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  6:10am  up 14 days 22:47,  8 users,  load average: 0.31, 0.60, 0.84