Re: Vista to be Released January 2007 (At the Earliest)

Roy S wrote:

>That's just the way business works. I was astounded to see how ignorant, both
>technology-wise and presentation skills-wise, a vice president at IBM truly
>was. I went to his public lecture a few days ago. The level of technicality
>was /so/ utterly poor. It would scare the socks out of you to believe that
>the guy is heading strategy for such a large and influential company.
>
>Again I say: that's the way business works, as flawed as it may be.

That's also the way large scientific institutes work.  The leaders are
often those who can give good overviews but can't keep it going on the
real technical points.  The main reason is that some of the rapid
progress happened after they got so much responsibility they don't have
as much time anymore to keep actually doing the work.  There are
exceptions, but this sort of atrophy is more the rule.

--
ciao,
Bruce

drift wave turbulence:  http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~bds/