Re: Mozilla Lightning Screenshots

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Friday 24 March 2006 07:25 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Calendaring from Mozilla. Not third parties and no Sunbird. Outlook
>> becomes even more obsolete (setting aside Evolution and KOrganiser).
>>
>> http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=599&slide=23
>
> Nice try Mozilla.
>
> But I'm finding I can use Konqueror, KOrganizer and the rest of my K-apps
> more and more exclusively.

Don't forget that 'Moz stuff' is cross-platform. Although you could, in
principle, run KDE under Windows (atop Cygwin), this doesn't make it as
suitable for the task. Moreover, extensions donated by the developers
community leave Mozilla one step ahead. I moved all my mail and settings
from KMail to Thunderbird about a year ago. It was well overdue, yet I tried
to put off the inevitable. I rarely use Konqueror nowadays because it lacks
the many extensions which I have glued to Firefox. This competition,
however, is a healthy one. The K team continues to offer more and more
plug-ins, which are made available in their kde-<something>.org sites or get
pre-bound.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Partition if an operating $ysteM must be set aside
  7:50am  up 16 days  0:27,  8 users,  load average: 0.61, 0.78, 0.72