Re: Using KNode 0.7.2, Wondering What Else is Out There

__/ [ Peter J Ross ] on Friday 31 March 2006 10:35 \__

> On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 08:45:18 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in news.software.readers:
>
>> Can you advise me on how replies to X can be set apart (modified) in
>> KNode? Perhaps I am being lazy here, but I know the filering options well
>> enough to assume (my version of) KNode cannot trivially achieve this.
>
> This works in KNode 1.10.2. As far as I can tell, it should also work
> in 0.7.x, but the arrangement of the menus and dialog boxes may have
> changed.
>
> First, set the domain part of your Message-ID to something nobody else
> uses, but you're entitled to use:

I see where this is heading. That's what I suspected would work in the first
place, but it would also include 'gradchildren', would it not. The
references, after all, are a set. This would help me tremendously
nonetheless, so many thanks!

> Settings / Configure Knode / Posting News
>
> [X] Generate Message-Id
> Host Name: schestowitz.com
>
> Next, create a rule for followups to your posts:
>
> Scoring / Edit Scoring Rules / New Rule
>
> Name: Followup
> Groups: .*
> Actions: Adjust Score 5000 (or) Colourise Header [colour]
>
> Optionally, create a rule for later posts in the same subthread:
>
> Scoring / Edit Scoring Rules / New Rule
>
> Name: Followup to Followup
> Groups: .*
> Actions: Adjust Score 2000 (or) Colourise Header [colour]

All right! Cunning solution.

> This ought to produce something like this:
>
> 0     A post
> 0     `-> Your reply
> 5000     `-> A post
> 2000        `-> A post
> 2000             `-> A post
>
> I've tried some more complex regular expressions, but I haven't found
> a way of doing anything more subtle than this.
>
> PJR :-)

Wow! That's brilliant. I'm glad I asked.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
 11:05am  up 23 days  0:50,  10 users,  load average: 1.52, 0.91, 0.82