Re: Using KNode 0.7.2, Wondering What Else is Out There

__/ [ Blinky the Shark ] on Friday 31 March 2006 05:27 \__

> SINNER wrote:
>
>> * Roy Schestowitz wrote in news.software.readers:
>>> __/ [ SINNER ] on Thursday 30 March 2006 17:30 \__
>>> I use filters differently  at
>>> the  moment.  I highlight my own messages,
>>
>> Why? This is a popular discussion in here. Wouldn't you rather highlight
>> _responses_ to your posts rather then your own? I mean, you wrote them
>> right?
>
> No offense to Roy (who might have come this way because I've spoken highly
> of this group in another one; I recommend it frequently), but that's
> always puzzled me, too.  I've always highlighted direct responses to my
> posts -- I want to be alerted to replies; I've already read my own posts.
> I've come to the conclusion (and this is where my disclaimer applies) that
> the urge to highlight one's own posts is 99% of the time made by folks who
> never thought and/or don't know how to highlight *replies* to them.

Actually, I came here because a guy in the SuSE newsgroups suggested that I
do so. That happened yesterday when a thread diverged to a discussion about
newsreaders.

Can you advise me on how replies to X can be set apart (modified) in KNode?
Perhaps I am being lazy here, but I know the filering options well enough to
assume (my version of) KNode cannot trivially achieve this.

Many thanks in advance,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    #00ff00 Day - Bakset Case
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  8:40am  up 22 days 22:25,  10 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.46, 0.52