Re: Using KNode 0.7.2, Wondering What Else is Out There

__/ [ Blinky the Shark ] on Thursday 30 March 2006 23:13 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> The command line scares me due to usability matters. I find it hard to be-
>> lieve  that effective interaction can be achieved without pointing devices
>> and  'modifiability'. To me, CLI-based readers remain off bounds. The only
>
> You're assuming a connection that's just not there, Roy.  There's nothing
> about CLI-based readers that makes them not modifiable. I doubt that you
> could find any readers more modifiable than slrn and Gnus and probably tin.
> You can make extremely modifiable text-based clients; if one isn't, then
> that's simply a design choice, not a limitation of CLI.

What crops to mind are:

* Grip on 'motion granularity', e.g. mouse scrolling, which PageUp and PageDn
cannot achieve quite so well.

* Highlighting of text that exceeds a screen-full.

* Breakdown into multiple windows, possibly assigning each to a separate
virtual desktop

* Among more...

You will find it rather hard to convince me otherwise.

With kind regards,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "How do I set my laser printer on stun?"
  8:45am  up 22 days 22:30,  10 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.40, 0.47