Re: Meta Tagging Competitors

__/ [ Not Telling ] on Tuesday 02 May 2006 00:44 \__

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's considered very bad form to list one's
> competitors in meta tags, isn't it?

It's bad ethics, but worry not. Meta tags will usually have no effect on
search engines. They may be used by other Web services though.

> One of our client's competitors has our client's business (and just about
> every other competing business) listed in their meta tags in both the
> description and the keywords.

Keywords will have no real effect (if any) on ranks, but there is no reason
in the world why the site should be /described/ by making a mention of its
competition. Contact the site in question and demand that the Webmaster
rectifies this.

With kind regards,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    make install -not war
  5:15am  up 4 days 12:12,  13 users,  load average: 1.35, 1.47, 1.19