Re: Ever have one of those moods?

__/ [ Matt Probert ] on Tuesday 02 May 2006 13:03 \__

> On 02 May 2006 09:51:42 GMT, TechnoHippie
> <technohippiechick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>>
>>> I realised it was in fact _your_ site after I had posted. *smile*
>>
>>Well, I wasn't going to set you straight :)
>>
>>> Anyway, I guess I was confused or mixed something up when I mentioned
>>> the symbolic value (or lack thereof) of the upside-down flag. I read
>>> something on dvorak.org last year and it mentioned some offensive
>>> flag...
>>>
>>> That was not related to the following:
>>>
>>>         http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=4836#comment-117849
>>>
>>> I couldn't find an actual picture of what I had mentioned in my
>>
>>The definative answer: the practice is one of many guidelines as a
>>"Standard of Respect". The flag should be flown upside down only as a
>>distress signal. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_flag]
>>
>>Judy
>
> While the British Union flag is flown upside down to indicate mourning
> or disaster.
>
> Matt

It's a joke, I assume? It's pretty symmetric, vertically and horizontally...
only the diagonals make the exception, but it is hard to spot when the flag
is being waved.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | while (!0==1) echo 'Bill Gates' > /dev/null
http://Schestowitz.com  |     GNU/Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  2:10pm  up 4 days 21:07,  11 users,  load average: 1.25, 0.66, 0.58