Re: Google - Code Jam

__/ [ Davémon ] on Tuesday 02 May 2006 17:07 \__

> John Bokma arranged shapes to form:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> In short, they rel="nofollow" real sites that are very relevant.
>>
>> I am amazed that Google supported the whole nofollow idea in the first
>> place. It doesn't stop comment spam / wiki spam in any way.

No, it doesn't. It just takes more brute force to plague wikis/blogs/whatever
that don't sport rel="nofollow".

> Supported? I thought they invented it:
> http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2005/01/preventing-comment-spam.html

That's exactly right.

> The point was never to stop your blog / wiki being spammed, but rather to
> protect their sacred 'page-rank' formula from being abused.

That's what everybody says. How convenient (for them).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I regularly SSH to God's brain and reboot"
http://Schestowitz.com  |     GNU/Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  5:40pm  up 5 days  0:37,  12 users,  load average: 0.91, 0.58, 0.38