Re: California Sues Microsoft for Monopoly Acts, Settles for MS Coupons

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Government entities will be able to obtain cash refunds for hardware and
> software purchases.
>
> Microsoft Settles Antitrust Suit in California
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Microsoft yesterday reached a tentative $70 million deal to settle
> | a California class-action antitrust lawsuit, according to a
> | statement by the law firm representing the plaintiffs in the suit.
          <snip for brevity>

Drives me bloody mad, the way Microsoft keep being "punished" by having
to give vouchers to injured parties.

All it does is guarantee Microsoft future sales. These vouchers aren't
going to be of sufficient value to pay outright for something. So
Microsoft's victims will have to give them more money!

Don't the courts ever consider that someone who's suffered loss due to
Bill G & Co may prefer to have nothing to do with the sharks ever
again?

Or maybe they just can't imagine that someone could live without
Microsoft.