Re: (OT: ping Roy)

__/ [ Blinky the Shark ] on Friday 05 May 2006 05:44 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ trevor ] on Friday 05 May 2006 01:12 \__
>>
>>> hi Roy. i don't suppose you could help me out with killfile config on
>>> Knode?
>>
>> Sure  I  could. *smile* Are you requesting a killfile or do you need  some
>> help   with   the   fine-level  filter  controls?  The   kind   folks   at
>> news.software.readers  have  taught me a few lessons and equipped me  with
>> some valuable KNode tips in the past...
>
> Roy, as Treasurer of News Software Readers, I've noticed that your last
> payment for support is two weeks overdue.

Hey, Treasurer (or shall I say "your majesty"!)... *blinker falls off*

I   only   started  one  thread  and  replied  to  about   a   dozen.   My
request/contribution  ratio is still stands at a mere 5% or so, if not far
lower, group-wide.

Too  many XNews threads recently... drives me away... it would be somewhat
of  a  cyclical  case if I set my newsreader to kill  a  newsreader  (e.g.
subject contains "[XNews]") using filters...

Overall, Harold from the SuSE NG was right. It's a friendly newsgroup. One
just /must/ be selective as many threads are application-specific.

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - look ma! No hyphenation. Blinky urged me to drop the -h argument.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Download Othello: http://othellomaster.com
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E