Re: Please help with design on new website?

  • Subject: Re: Please help with design on new website?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 06:05:54 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
__/ [ Mark Parnell ] on Friday 05 May 2006 03:01 \__

> Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, trevor <not@xxxxxxxx>
> declared in alt.www.webmaster:
>
>> i want it to look like...it should look like dreamweaver output. it should
>> be ugly and tacky, but just shy of being....unusable? hideous would be a
>> good word for where i'm going, but somehow it has to pretend to
>> be...viable? like you aren't sure whether it's a spoof or not? i'm having
>> trouble with this one.
>
> You need some scrolling/blinking text.
>
> Love the way the whole sidebar jumps around when hovering over the menu
> items - nice touch. :-)

Text on the left-hand-side menu is too small. Fonts don't compelement this
either. It renders badly in Firefox on SuSE 8.1 and is rather illegible if
one has a deficient eyesight and cannot zoom in using the Web browser.

_Other than that_, nice touch. I will have changed the fonts, altered the
stylesheets and add some more graphical elements (e.g. bulletpoints, header
decorations).

Best wishes and good luck,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    #00ff00 Day - Bakset Case
  6:00am  up 7 days 12:57,  14 users,  load average: 1.13, 0.62, 0.61