Re: Linux network sync

  • Subject: Re: Linux network sync
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 06:17:43 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops
__/ [ Ranma ] on Thursday 04 May 2006 22:02 \__

> On Thu, 04 May 2006 12:35:35 -0700, Robin wrote:
>
>> Has anyone managed to get a Tungsten T5 to network sync with a Linux
>> box? For some reason I have had to disable USB in the BIOS to get the
>> computer to run...
>
> Ya, I got it to work over Bluetooth and WiFi (much faster) once I got my
> WiFi card.
>
> There are several sites on the web that describe how to set everything up.
>
> As a matter of fact, I never did get the USB stuff working for my TX and I
> always network sync it.

Are  you using any front end such as kpilot, gpilit, or jpilot? They often
come  with a wizard that assumes a connection via USB (you can specify the
device  path,  e.g. /dev/usb/ttyUSB0). I never had any  difficulties  with
SuSE  and Ubuntu Palm synchronisation. Just a couple of minutes to set up,
given  that  all  the software is ready 'out of the box'.  For  what  it's
worth,  here  is the extensive HOWTO that has become a valuable  reference
for troubleshooting:

http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/PalmOS-HOWTO.html

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "This sig seemed like a good idea at the time..."
  6:10am  up 7 days 13:07,  14 users,  load average: 1.39, 1.22, 0.86