Re: Can bots submit forms?

__/ [ Georgie ] on Wednesday 10 May 2006 15:26 \__

> "Usenet" <Mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> My first reaction is "no", but I thought I'd ask.
>>
>> "Yahoo Slurp" seems to be all over me like a rash at the moment.
>> And then I've got a blank form submission, but only one.  No
>> necessary link between those two facts, but I wondered
>>
>> Mark Stanton
>> One small step for mankind...
>
> Well, bots could easily submit forms if they wanted to but I doubt Yahoo
> 'would', it would be unusual. Could be a spambot

Look at your logs and check the IP address. Reverse DNS lookup tool:

                http://remote.12dt.com/rns/

See if it's really Yahoo (Inktomi Slurp). About a week ago, someone in this
newsgroup claimed that Google had crawled his entire Web site rather
viciously. After careful simple tests, it turned out to have been a spoofer.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  3:30pm  up 12 days 22:27,  8 users,  load average: 0.66, 0.91, 0.73