Re: Vista firewall shackled due to customer demand: Microsoft

  • Subject: Re: Vista firewall shackled due to customer demand: Microsoft
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 04:56:22 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ alt ] on Friday 05 May 2006 22:46 \__

> On Fri, 05 May 2006 11:53:36 -0700, nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> "The firewall in Windows Vista will, by default, have half its
>> protection turned off because that is what enterprise customers have
>> requested, according to the software giant.
>>
>> "When Windows Vista is released early next year its firewall will be
>> set to only block incoming traffic even though it will be capable of
>> blocking outgoing traffic. According to a statement from Microsoft, the
>> firewall's protection will be curbed in order to make life easier for
>> the company's enterprise customers.
>
> I guess it was too difficult to include that as an install option.....

"But it'll confuse they users", said John Bloggs.

Mr. Ballmer hastily replied: "I have a grand idea in mind". He paused as he
wept off the sweat off his (fore)head and proceeded to describe his evil
idea. "If we expose the users to more nasty packets, they will be more
susciptable to spyware", he add. "Then, you see, we can take over these
spyware vendors and deliver targetted ads to our customers..."

Bill Gates approached from the corner and the room and exclaimed: "I love
it!"

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Free 3-D Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E