Re: KDE - ALL Icons gone from the desktop!

__/ [ AWW ] on Friday 12 May 2006 05:26 \__

> Hi all,
>
> I have a friend whose toddler somehow leaned on the keyboard and, as if my
> magic, made all of the desktop icons disappear, including system icons such
> as the 'Recycling Bin'. Everything else seems ok and fully functional,
> however I would like to retreive the 'Recycling Bin' and see if somehow the
> rest of the icons are there.
>
> Any ideas will be greatly appreciated,
>
> AWW
>
> OpenSuSE 10.0

Hi,

In older versions of KDE (3.1), the location of that Trash Can was possible
to change somewhere among the settings.  Control Center -> System Admin ->
Paths now that I check this. In later versions, there appeared to be some
special syntax for connection to such services, whether it's the trash or a
USB device, for instance. I'll log in to KDE 3.4 at home...

Okay, open Konqueror and try the following address (put it in the address
bar):

trash:/

Can you see it now? Remember to recover the shortcut to trash from trash
(cyclic logic). *smile*

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue"
  7:15am  up 14 days 14:12,  9 users,  load average: 0.40, 0.43, 0.41