Re: Windows 2000 it is then...

__/ [ Tony Sivori ] on Friday 12 May 2006 19:35 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Sounds  like  a fine system, but don't go for KDE, which I believe is
>> the only desktop environment to come with Mandriva, for instance.
>
> Mandriva defaults to KDE. However, Gnome and Ice are available.
>
> http://www.mandriva.com/en/individuals/products/2006comparison

Thanks, Tony. I  just wasn't sure because I have much more  experience with
Madrake (the olden  days) than I do with Mandriva. I only saw it once, when
my friend installed it. He was very impressed, I must add. The second Linux
encounter after Ubuntu 5 (GNOME).

Best wishes,

Unisys: open source software set to have a similar impact as the Internet
  8:10pm  up 15 days  3:07,  9 users,  load average: 0.45, 0.53, 0.47
      http://iuron.com - next gen eration of search paradigms