Re: page loads vs. unique visitors

__/ [ tonnie ] on Saturday 13 May 2006 19:27 \__

> BT wrote:
>> I'm a little bit confused , can anyone explain this?
>>
>> Page Load - The number of times your page has been visited.
>>
>> Unique Visitor - Based purely on a cookie, this is the total of the
>> returning visitors and first time visitors - all your visitors
>>
>> -------
>>
>> So if I have a web site "with more pages"  of course than where to look
>> how
>> many visitors a day I have, page load  or unique visitors?
>
> Unique visitors, pages can be loaded several times by the same visitor.

While on the  subject of unique visitors (UIP's),  the same person can have
more than one IP address and thus be counted as several. Search engines and
various crawlers can be counted as well. Pages are ill-defined too.   Is an
RSS feed a page? If so, does that count?

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I think I think, therefore I think I am"
  5:10am  up 16 days 12:07,  11 users,  load average: 0.90, 0.83, 0.73