Re: apache user run limited ps command on linux ES 4.0

__/ [ avivi.ori@xxxxxxxxx ] on Sunday 14 May 2006 07:59 \__

> Hi all,
>
> I have a perl cgi that works fine on  RH linux 7.2 with httpd 2.0.46
> One of the things it do is running the ps -ef command for system
> monitoring.
>
> When i moved that script to RH ES 4.0 with httpd 2.0.52
> The apache user is running a limited ps -ef command.
> It only showes the apache ps command itself.
>
> couldent figure out why.
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks In Advane,
> Ori

It is possible that this option is not supported on the new Linux
distribution. I suggest that you run:

,----[ Command ]
| man ps
`----

See if -ef is listed among the options. If not, use the existing option to
achieve what you are after. Different variants of ps seem to exist, so your
mileage may vary. You can install something that is similar to what you used
to have.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
 11:25am  up 16 days 18:22,  12 users,  load average: 0.16, 0.38, 0.58