Re: [News] Windows Under Linux: An Overview

__/ [ Handover Phist ] on Monday 15 May 2006 02:59 \__

> TheLetterK :
>> On Sun, 14 May 2006 20:57:24 +0000, Mathew P. wrote:

>>> On 2006-05-14, Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:

>>> Roy, why on earth would anyone want to do that? For the life of me, this
>>> is the one thing I have never understood about the idea behind wine. You
>>> wouldn't try to run a fuel cell car on gasoline, right? Need I say more?
>>
>> It would be nice to have the capability though.

To some (fortunately not myself), it is often a necessity. Some places where
'work' is being done have Windows-only applications that are developed
in-house.

> No kidding, but car engineers have a much easier time creating new
> products because noone is saying "You cant use batteries if you want to
> use our patented gasoline system". The IT world is much more heavily
> regulated than the auto industry. The only thing evening the ground is
> OSS, hence it's importance.

Yes, good analogy there...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> wget -r -erobots=off http://www.*
  7:20am  up 17 days 14:17,  11 users,  load average: 1.51, 1.06, 0.81