Re: Beautiful

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
__/ [ John Bailo ] on Monday 15 May 2006 15:24 \__

Bittorrent is such a sweet way to get a distro.

Set the torrent to work at 1am last night, should be read for me when I
return home from work today.   5 CD's worth of Suse 10.1 -- heaven!

Borrow to a friend once you're done. *smile* Or legally make several copies
for future installation of packages. Experience shows that rapid
availability of Linux 'off the shelf' encourages people to give Linux that
chance which gets them hooked for life. Not many are willing to download and
burn ISO's just for a quick trial of an O/S which they were taught "is only
for servers" and "just command line". Help them prove themselves wrong.

Couldn't resist making a comment... *smile*

nice one, too, Roy. I find that saying to people "Here, have this copy, I have several duplicates" is easier on the ol' head than "dubya-dubya-dubya-dot-whatever-dot-org-slash...", and furthers the whole community spirit thing. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

--
When all else fails...
Use a hammer.

"I'm going to become rich and famous after inventing a device that allows you to stab someone in the face over the Internet." - unknown IRC user