Re: Red Hat/Fedora Installation Made Easy

http://digg.com/linux_unix/Official:_Ubuntu_(Linux)_is_easier_to_install_than_Windows_

>> Might be when anaconda plays nice. My FC4 attempt didn't get too far.
>> Hope what ever the problem that it's gone in FC5.
>
> Look at the bright side. Mac shops and OEM's just toss an image on the
> box. They do it in production-line mode at the factory. Linux has a
> tougher challenge, which in the majority of cases, it handles remarkably
> well.

Agreed. Linux installers do amazingly well. I think I was just unlucky,
either that or the developer put a switch in:

if (M == computer user)
        bug_out();

<evil grin>

No one else ever seems to have had the problem so I don't why it decided to
pick on little old me :-)

Never been a fan of Apple. As far back as I can remember they always seem to
have the most expensive computer on the block (when compared to 'like'
machines). I don't like their lock-in either.

--
Regards,

http://za1012001.googlepages.com/home