Re: [News] MS senior VP Says Linux Servers are Better than Windows

__/ [ John A. Bailo ] on Monday 15 May 2006 17:32 \__

http://www.informationweek.com/hardware/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=187202786&subSection=Servers

> My guess is that they are at the *Acceptance* phase.

In relateion to this, as well as:

__/ [ John A. Bailo ] on Monday 15 May 2006 17:36 \__
> Well, maybe Steve is thinking about releasing Microsoft Linux.
>
> I mean, why not.
>
> Microsoft has always been a better fix up and market it organization
> than a developer.   Linux would be perfect for them.   They could put it
> in a pretty box, set up OEM arrangements and so on.
>
> And, they wouldn't have to pay squat for developers.
>
> Seems to me Linux would fit them beautifully.
                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^

Strikes a nerve. Disruptive! *chokes on coffee*

This  bugs  (pun) me a great deal. They have their Open Source  Laboratory
with  that traitor we have come to know as Hilf. He takes the role of that
gentle figure, which makes Microsoft seem like Open Source's best friend.

They  also set up an Open Source facet to the world, known as port 25. The
amount  of abuse that this Web site has received since it had gone  public
helped  it  make the news. Whether Microsoft will learn to take  advantage
and  exploit  Open  Source,  we  are  yet  to  find  out.  They  could  go
head-to-head  with  Red Hat and Novell a few years down the line.  As  you
say, they have good marketeers and they can propare some nice packages.

Mediums?  Morals?  Last  time  I  checked, the  only  "M"  word  is  their
dictionary is Microsoft. They don't give a f*ck as long as money comes in,
from  within  the  States or from the outside (offshoring is part  of  the
deal).