Re: [News] Linux on Old Laptops

__/ [ philo ] on Saturday 20 May 2006 13:42 \__

http://www.linuxforums.org/desktop/a_linux_distribution_for_an_old_laptop.html

> Hmmm
> I installed Vector Linux on my older laptop...
> didn't even have a hint of a problem.
> The installtion was exceedingly simple and fast.
>
> Never even bothered to try anything else.

I think it's a fine opportunity to add that Damn Small Linux was released a
couple of days ago. I didn't think it was important enough to post as a
standalone news item. *smile*

http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/

http://damnsmalllinux.org/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=4;t=13435;r=1

There is also a thread going on in the SuSE newsgroup at the moment. It deals
with that question of small distros for an old laptop. It's another success
story.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "All your archives are (sic) belong to Google"
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  4:35pm  up 22 days 23:32,  11 users,  load average: 1.90, 1.60, 1.39