Re: Internet Explorer 7: Rants from a Windows Advocate

__/ [ M ] on Friday 19 May 2006 16:17 \__

http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/05/18/ie-makes-it-impossible-to-troubleshoot-feeds/

>> IE7 from what I can see here on this demo page, looks like it has the
>> buttons of Opera, as well as the search bar of Firefox, then it has the
>> rss feed of Opera. If its a mixture of Opera and Firefox then its bound to
>> be a good browser.
>>
>> But I can't help finding it a bit funny when I see the list of 'What you
>> can expect from IE7', and the most important or 'selling' features they
>> can come up with are,
>>
>>         tabs, printing, search and security.
>>
>> I think we already had printing in previous browsers didn't we? and
>> searching too. So it comes down to one key feature for the advertising
>> campaign, tabs. Because of cause we are already getting reports that IE7
>> security isn't secure.
>
> There was an article (posted by DFS bless him :-) not so long ago) where
> the author suggested that it was high time that Microsoft gave up on
> Browsers.
>
> Sounds like all they are doing is playing "catch-up".

Dvorak said they should buy Opera.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows: slippery when dry. You have been warned.
  4:15pm  up 21 days 23:12,  10 users,  load average: 1.72, 0.75, 0.36