[News] New Software for Linux Recovery

New Software to Undo Linux Disasters

,----[ Quote ]
| I don't use Linux. Sure I played around with it a couple of times,
| but because I write about Windows, that's what I use. So for me, the
| news that FarStone has a Linux version of RestoreIT isn't terribly
| exciting.
|
| But I'm guessing that if you're a Linux user -- and from your e-mail
| I'm realizing lots of you are -- this could be good news.
`----

http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtweaks/archives/002095.html

Personal comment: the author admits that he is not familiar with Linux. He
uses a strong and, in this context, unrealistic term: "Disaster", which
perhaps refers to hardware faults. In Linux, full recovery is simple, as
well as free (also as in free beer). As everything is a file, the home
directory can merely be copied. For complete backups:

man dd

http://freshmeat.net/projects/sdd/

http://freshmeat.net/projects/g4l/

Among others...