Re: Novell Delivers Device Driver Breakthrough to Accelerate Linux

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

That sounds very promising, so I submitted it to Digg. The only thing
bothering me about this article is the saturation in ®'s.

From the first paragraphed: "The new driver process allows customers to
obtain drivers independently of Novell® kernel updates and supplies a
straightforward approach third parties can use when developing device
drivers for Novell's SUSE® Linux Enterprise products."

So they are saying that you can now use 3rd party drivers?

Is that the /breakthrough/?

And isn't this what has always gotten M$ into trouble -- mysterious "third party" drivers that reboot the computer and such?!?