Re: Google Page Depletion Continues

__/ [ John Bokma ] on Tuesday 16 May 2006 12:26 \__

> Big Bill <kruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 16 May 2006 08:59:36 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>I have just checked the saturation of 4 Web sites and I can pretty
>>>much affirm that Google are not only dropping duplicate pages (e.g.
>>>"www.example.org" and "example.org"), but they are losing actual
>>>pages. I know it's no news, but this trend appears to perpetuate. How
>>>much impact will this have and for how long? Does anyone have any idea
>>>why this is going on?
>>
>> Just like they screw up everything else when they try to improve it,
>> Google screwed up Big Daddy. I'm not surprised, everything they do is
>> necessarily without precedent and we're the test bed. Omelettes and
>> eggs.

Relax, Bill, relax. Google do the best they can and they remain the best bar
none.

I'm having my lunch as I write this. No omelettes, no eggs though/

> Google normally does random IP based tests. Also, it's not that hard to
> test with 1-2 non-public data centers before going life. And that's what
> they did AFAIK. If they really made a huge mistake I am sure they would
> have roled back the whole thing.
>
> It's possible that what we see is just a settling down of BD, and that
> "over" SEOd site are more affected then others. Like I already wrote, I
> have the feeling Google is catching up. The # of visitors/day on my site
> was almost stable for 2+ months, and new pages were added very slowly
> (days and days).
>
> And now, for 2-3 weeks I see them go up and up again, 11,680 Monday, and I
> expect 12,000+ next week :-D. Not bad, since last year it was 3,800+/day
> max for this month.

I wondered if this entire wave of depletion was affecting only large sites,
but I doubt it because I checked some smaller sites whose number of indexed
page I occasionally track. No wonder you're doing so well, John... with key
phrases like 'calapa sex' and 'mexican sperm'.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate (Medical Biophysics)
  1:10pm  up 18 days 20:07,  8 users,  load average: 0.03, 0.05, 0.00