Re: AIS-E for Google co-op?

On Thu, 25 May 2006 00:08:00 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>__/ [ Big Bill ] on Wednesday 24 May 2006 23:37 \__
>
>> If the Search Engine Roundtable gang can do it, why can't we? Roy,
>> this is probably more up your street than anyone else's, want to look
>> into it at all?
>>
>> BB
>
>See the following:
>
>http://blog.outer-court.com/archive/2006-05-11-n40.html

Monsieur Lenssen used to post here on a regular basis, once upon a
time.

>,----[ Snippet ]
>| # A sort of semantic web, only that some of the data is stored not on
>| your webserver, but on Google's server (an important distinction, Ithink
>| - the competition can't access this meta-data, and it's a bit of a
>| Google lock-in!)
>|
>| # Google becoming a meta search engine, an aggregator of other
>| specialized search engines
>|
>| # Meta-keywords 2.0 ? the trust is build into Google's account system
>| to prevent spamming
>|
>| # Social bookmarking and tagging a la del.icio.us
>`----
>
>As for the former, I could set up a search engines news aggregator, such as:
>
>http://schestowitz.com/Bookmarks/feeds_aggregated/rss_merge.php
>
>We could choose a more impartial domain, I suppose. You know... avoiding the
>dependence on Google (a third-party lockin). The key idea is that several
>feeds of interest get entwined and presented to the group in the form of a
>standard Web page. It's a real-time thing, handled by a PHP feed parser.
>
>As for the latter (social bookmarking), we could use the Open Source Scuttle.
>Example in:
>
>http://www.schestowitz.com/Bookmarks/social_bookmark/
>
>Let me know your thoughts...
>
>Roy

What do the others think please? Could we make use of this concept in
any way, selfishly or in some way altruistic?

BB

--

http://www.kruse.co.uk/seo-tips.htm
http://www.here-be-posters.co.uk/salvador-dali-prints.htm