Re: [News] CNN on Open Document Format

__/ [ Michael B. Trausch ] on Wednesday 24 May 2006 22:13 \__

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2006/05/29/8378022/index.htm

> The great thing about ODF is that the format is fully documented, and a
> quick Google search will bring up the details for the format, so as to
> allow people to implement it at will.  Pretty good, if you ask me.
>
>         - Mike

ODF reminds me a great deal of HTML and cascading style sheets. It is also
structured in a similar fashion and has similar advantages and merits such
as customisation in modification. I suppose that document styles would
somehow cater for the notion of media and enable you to get better
versatility, or even good Web integration, in due time.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
 10:25pm  up 27 days  4:57,  12 users,  load average: 1.36, 1.04, 0.99