Re: [News] Microsoft taps open-source mojo with coding contest

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 24 May 2006 00:29:47 +0100
<16906233.XT60BxTZ2a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Microsoft taps open-source mojo with coding contest
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Microsoft is sponsoring its first open, er, make that "shared source"
> | programming contest. With several XBox 360's and an HDTV on the line,
> | hackers will download 120-day trial versions of Windows CE and
> | associated tools, and create apps using designated shared source
> | components.
> `----
>
>                 http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS3767883833.html

OK, dumb question.

Microsoft has a 120-day trial variant of a CE SDK.  (Woo.)

I have a copy of a cross-compiler (xming32).  This
cross-compiler allows code to be developed on a Linux box
and then compiled down to an Intel PE86/Windows-capable
.EXE file that can run on WinE.  Granted, there are some
limitations (I doubt I can do DirectX on this thing, for
example -- yet).

Which one's more useful?

:-)

(No, it won't quite compiler Jeff's X.CPP.  But I digress.)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  Because it's time to refresh your hardware.  Trust us.