Re: [News] First Photos of the 100 Dollar Linux-Powered PC

  • Subject: Re: [News] First Photos of the 100 Dollar Linux-Powered PC
  • From: The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 03:00:13 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Jerry McBride
<mcbrides9@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 23 May 2006 18:37:09 -0400
<2uick3x169.ln2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/pete/sets/72057594143224765/
>>
>> Neat! Fedora on board...
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/pete/151948168/in/set-72057594143224765/
>
> You know.... it don't look too shabby. I was expecting less actually.

Odd-looking beast with those protective shielding covers
up like that (devil's horns?  Heh...), but logical enough.
I'm also assuming that the intent is to be able to drop
it from a 10 ft height or something without shattering to
pieces, since it looks very rugged.  The keyboard looks a
little strange as well, but there's the likelihood they're
using a membrane keyboard, as they're cheap and rugged.

> I hope they make it to market here, in the states. They would make great
> stocking stuffers.

It would have to be a good sized stocking. :-)  Depends
on how rugged the displays are but they might be good for
maybe 9-year-old kids or thereabouts, too.

We shall see.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  Because it's time to refresh your hardware.  Trust us.