Re: Benefit of MySpace for SEO?

__/ [ Hymer ] on Wednesday 24 May 2006 02:28 \__

>> __/ [ Hymer ] on Tuesday 23 May 2006 17:04 \__
>>
>>> Hello Everyone,
>>>
>>> I noticed a post where the author has a website plus a MySpace page. His
>>> MySpace page has a PR=7 which surprised me because most of the pages seem
>>> to have low PR.
>>>
>>> __
>>> Here's what works: when I search "Dinosaurs and Ethics," ala
>>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=dinosaurs+and+ethics, the site's
>>> homepage shows up (albeit second to our myspace page).
>>> __
>>>
>>> I was wondering if there was an SEO advantage for having a MySpace page
>>> linked to your main site? Also, is it possible to create a business
>>> oriented MySpace page (rather than personal) containing the keywords for
>>> your main site and have that help in the SERP's?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Bob
>>
>> The problem is, not many businesses do such things in moderation. They end
>> up
>> creating more than just one blog or profile and then end up with an entire
>> sea of duplicate content. Then they discover blog comments, guestbooks,
>> etc.
>> I think you will be better off residing in one cozy domain and go
>> elsewhere
>> for anything other than SEO purposes. This can otherwise lead to excessive
>> content that contributed merely nothing novel and wastes your time, as
>> well
>> as space.
>
> Thanks Roy. Sounds right to me. Just checking to see if I was missing out
> on something:)

Well, the question was much appreciated. Some people just go ahead and do it
until they get blacklisted and start sobbing. I will never forget that
chiropractor whom I saw opening dozens of blogs on Blogspot, then
ping-spamming just to enhance some stinkin' site of his.

The Net is polluted by some much garbage. The pinging service called
Ping-o-matic was estimated to serve spam blogs 80% of the time. Speaking of
which, did you know that, according to Symantec, 80% of all spam comes from
hijacked Windows workstations? Makes you wonder about how Redmond affects
even those who don't care for them and their software... *sign*... okay, now
I'm just ranting... I'll go get some sleep... 24 hours without sleep....
paper deadline means it'll be the same tomorrow...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  2:25am  up 26 days  9:04,  11 users,  load average: 1.49, 0.97, 0.80