Re: Google Pads Search Lead, Again

  • Subject: Re: Google Pads Search Lead, Again
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 02:03:51 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Philip ] on Wednesday 24 May 2006 00:50 \__

http://oraclewatch.eweek.com/blogs/google_watch/archive/2006/05/22/10226.aspx

> I was listening to a NPR segment on how MS was desperately trying to
> change its business model to compete with Google.
>
> http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5424656
>
> What struck me was that Google seemed 100% dependent on a advertising
> model similar to the television networks. Being a Mozilla family browser
> user with adblock extension, I rarely if ever see, let alone contribute
> to the $0.50/click Google ad revenue scheme.
>
> It would seem that even the Google business model is on precarious
> grounds if ever something like adblock makes it into the IE family.
> Hmmmm, sounds like a Google killer counter-move by MS could be at hand.

*grin* That's not how it all works, but it's an intersting possibility. By
default, merely no Web browser will deliver the capability 'out of the box'.
it's a grey area, much like delivering cracking tools with one's
distribution, or even a P2P client.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Free 3-D Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
  2:00am  up 26 days  8:39,  11 users,  load average: 0.73, 0.48, 0.78