Re: [News] Microsoft "Not so Hip on Open Source"

__/ [ Mathew P. ] on Tuesday 23 May 2006 20:15 \__

> On 2006-05-23, Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:
>> Microsoft Closed to Open Source
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| According to a recent article in News.com by Ingrid Marson ("Microsoft:
>>| Open source 'not reliable or dependable"), Microsoft is not so hip on
>>| open source.
>>|
>>| Basically, open source is a New Age way of developing software.  That
>>| is, instead of a big company developing it, a community of developers
>>| across the world contribute to the development of a software product.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2006/05/22/microsoft-closed-to-open-source/
>
> Which would go a long way toward explaining all the cracks by wintrolls
> about RMS and his beard and sandals. Seems as if the party line is that
> only hippies and incense junkies use OSS.

Software does not depend on its maker. Good code markets itself, but often
enough, an image sells too. People are superficial.

> Well done propaganda is an art form. Unfortunately MS no longer has the
> artists it used to.

Strange statement. I thought that FUD was a form of art.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Yes, I know, but does it run Linux?"
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  1:50am  up 26 days  8:29,  11 users,  load average: 0.75, 1.00, 1.19