Re: Articles in Digest Form

__/ [ wd ] on Tuesday 23 May 2006 23:45 \__

> On Tue, 23 May 2006 22:35:12 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ wd ] on Tuesday 23 May 2006 22:17 \__

>>> With the amount of personal data they collect, I wouldn't doubt they
>>> will soon be able to guess what button you are going to push next.
>>
>> http://photomatt.net/2006/04/18/wordpress-crazyegg/
>>
>> Check it out!
>>
>> http://photomatt.net/dropbox/2006/04/wpcom-heatmap.jpg
>>
>> Cool, eh?
>>

>> I believe that Microsoft patented something similar which they called the
>> super-cookie, or something to that effect.
>
> Yeah, I've seen that.  The noscript Firefox extension is very useful in
> these times.  Prevents the JavaScript version of the body cavity search.
> Another reason why MS wants you to use IE.

I have been using NoScript for about 3 months. It is good stuff if you
remember to permit JS around sites that otherwise seem incompatible and
drive you up the wall. The 'smarter' sites explicitly state that you need to
allow scripting. Initially, that extention cost me a lot of time.
Thereafter, it's a joy.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Microsof(fshore)t Window(ntime)s Vista(gnating)
  1:20am  up 26 days  7:59,  11 users,  load average: 0.82, 0.97, 0.82