Re: [News] Differences Between Red Hat Enterprise and Fedora Explained

William Poaster wrote:

> On Tue, 23 May 2006 14:55:07 +0000, M wrote:
>
> [NOTE: www.jlaforums.com steals usenet newsgroup posts, & misleads the
> [public
> into thinking the posts come from their own forums. THEY DON'T!
> This post was originally posted in a USENET newsgroup.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet]
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Fedora users might find this new article intersting...
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.redhat.com/magazine/019may06/features/fedora_rhel_1/
>>
>> <quote>
>> Fedora's target audience includes developers, testers, writers and early
>> adopters.
>> </quote>
>>
>> <quote>
>> Rapid innovation vs. stability. Fedora is fast moving. It is for people
>> who always want the latest and greatest. The Fedora stream is more
>> revolutionary: Old versions of packages may be quickly cast aside for new
>> ones. Fedora is highly receptive to experimentation. </quote>
>>
>> Some conformation of what a lot of people suspected. especially the fast
>> moving & early adopters bit. :-)
>
> As I've said on a few occasions & also in other groups, Fedora is
> generally regarded as a development distro.

Yes indeed, and so have others I have talked to. :-)

However they never seem to make this very clear on their old web site, but
it appears they have decided to revamp it:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KeyFeatures

<quote>
As a complete Linux distribution, Fedora is packed with incredible features.
As a distribution with a rapid release cycle on the front edge of
innovation, Fedora contains many new and interesting technologies that are
often not found in other distributions. Here, we document just a portion of
the key features that make Fedora stand out above the rest.
</quote>

I think it looks a great deal better from I remember it looking like. They
even seem to have Mentors.

--
Regards,

http://za1012001.googlepages.com/home