Re: SUSE 10.1 - bummer!

__/ [ Ray Ingles ] on Tuesday 23 May 2006 13:48 \__

> On 2006-05-23, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> (When is this new Ubuntu due?)
>>
>> Beginning of May.
>
>  June, actually. Ubuntu version numbers are the year and the month. My
> parents are running 5.04 (April, 2005) and I'm running 5.10 (October
> 2005). Dapper Drake is going to be 6.06 (June, 2006). I'm really looking
> forward to it.

Oops. I suppose (or rather hope) that you somehow realised I had lost track
of which month we're in. I meant the beginning of next month, which is of
course June.

>  I'm thinking about *why* I'm looking forward to it. I don't really feel
> any lack right now. Stuff 'just works'. Maybe an updated codec pack or
> something might help (I have one video file that doesn't play under
> Ubuntu... of course, I have three that don't play under Windows but do
> with Ubuntu) but really just eye candy and some new toys to play with.

I think it might contain xsnow! XSnow!! XSNOW!!!

>  The only item I can think of that I actually can't (easily) get in the
> current versions is support for my Symbol Spectrum24 802.11b CF card.
> That should be in Drake and I'm going to see if I can get it working on
> my ancient laptop, just for grins.

Each of us gets his/her kicks from something difference. I, for one, still
enjoy the following:

http://members.cox.net/aye-aye/penguin1.gif

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Falsity implies anything
  2:25pm  up 25 days 21:04,  11 users,  load average: 0.75, 0.89, 0.70