Re: [News] Microsoft Troll School - Linux FUD College/Web Site

__/ [ Gordon ] on Tuesday 23 May 2006 07:34 \__

> Rick wrote:

>>> It pisses you off that Microsoft wants to train its sales reps to try to
>>> compete against Linux?
>>
>> There's training for actual competition, and then there's training to
>> spew FUD and lies. The later is Microsoft's method.
>>

> Precisely. Take the furore over MA and open document. All MS had to do was
> to add opendocument support to Office and they would have been able to
> compete in a fair and open manner. But no. They had to spread lies, deceit
> and dis-information instead. Seems like they have more propagandists than
> actual programmers and developers.

Good point, Gordon. Let me use an analogy.

Imagine Coca Cola starting an advertising campaign where they falsely argue
that Pepsi (COLA) ruins your kidneys and leads to poisoning. Instead, they
work on /image/.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    No SCO code was used to generate this sig
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
 12:35pm  up 25 days 19:14,  11 users,  load average: 0.84, 0.37, 0.22