Re: Strange URl in Google - trailing double slash //

  • Subject: Re: Strange URl in Google - trailing double slash //
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 18:11:30 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ tonnie ] on Monday 22 May 2006 18:02 \__

> Big Bill wrote:

>>>Google ought to have a section in Bugzilla. It will help the users, the
>>>Webmasters, and even Google themselves. Recently, they have been having
>>>too many glitches and bugs.
>>

>> They've tried to do too much at once is probably why.
>>

>>>If the Webmasters can assist, I am sure that a few
>>>would contribute a patch. Then again, Google will have to drop that BSD
>>>licence first...
>>

>> Mind, they'll be competing with Microsoft all right, just not in the
>> way they primarily intended. Who can get the worst beta product out
>> first.
>>

>>>Speaking of bugs, the "site:" bug still stands. A couple of days ago,
>>>their engineer said it would take just a couple of days to fix. And here I
>>>am. Still waiting. Those whose income depends on ranks are growing
>>>impatient.
>>

>> How many times have we advised on this group never to be in so frail
>> and vulnerable a position?
>
> Often enough Bill, often enough.
>
> But the world is turning and it seems it is taking a direction into
> online-sales. Many branches allready having trouble in real life because
> of sales on the internet. It is shifting more and more towards it, and
> if your not in it.. Well, youre out.

Very true, as well as sad.

On the Net, the struggle has become that which involved links; not added
value; not lower prices. People are lazy. With more powerful search engines
and solutions such as auctions and online surveys/comparisons/directories
(e.g. 2020Shops, DealTime, Froogle), people have become complacent and
unwilling to explore. They simply go for what's more shiny on the screen.
And money buys flash.

Boy, I'm just relieved that I am not in this business of SEM...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  6:05pm  up 25 days  0:44,  11 users,  load average: 1.04, 1.16, 1.12