Re: Has Google lost it?

__/ [ hug ] on Monday 22 May 2006 10:29 \__

>>__/ [ hug ] on Sunday 21 May 2006 12:12 \__

>>> I'm judging by maybe the past 3 years.
>>
>>You can easily mask all the ads. Then, your only issue is link spamming,
>>which subverts/ed the results.
>
> Roy, what is this "mask all the ads" thing you mention?  I haven't
> heard of it before.

In Firefox (I am rarely ever using the other browsers nowadays), you can use
a whole variety of plugins to give you the pig without the lipstick.
NoScipt, FlashBlock, AdBlock, pure-CSS exclusions of ads (in chrome), among
more. And if all else fails, there is Scroogle. 100 results per page, as per
Google, no clutter, no 'noise'.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: A dragonfly only lives for one day
 10:55am  up 24 days 17:34,  10 users,  load average: 1.35, 1.33, 1.31