Re: [News] Ubuntu Gets Professional Packaging

On Sunday 21 May 2006 12:42 Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> http://linux.wordpress.com/2006/05/20/ubuntu-goes-super-boxed/
>
> Gist:
>
>     * 4 DVDs
>     * A 300 pages printed manual "Ubuntu/Kubuntu
>     * 60-days installation support
>     * One eGroupWare account.
>     * An XL-size T-shirt with combined logos of Ubuntu and Open Source
>     Press.
>
> This is a package that is not free however.

Not gratis, but rather about 50 Euro?
Refresh my memory - what does a single licence of Norton cost these days,
and what's the annual renewal?:-)

You might also like to note:-
http://www.linux-magazin.de/Produkte/el_suse101.html

A pity none of this is in English, but not to worry.  You will remember that
I predicted it would start with Germany, then France, then the Netherlands,
then U.K.  That makes us third-in-line for this sort of stuff, in that the
Dutch (the Linguists of Europe!) really don't need their own:-)