Re: Interesting article about patent hunting

__/ [ wd ] on Sunday 21 May 2006 17:38 \__

> On Sun, 21 May 2006 04:46:29 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Yesterday  I read about some high figure (maybe a legistlator) that wanted
>> to  send  judges  to  patent  school. There is  apparently  little  or  no
>> awareness of the basic concepts, which leads to ridicule. There was also a
>> fair  bit  of  noise owing to Amazon's  re-reviewed  'one-click  shopping'
>> patent.  I think that Micrsoft one patented the double-click, but I'm  not
>> too  sure.  It sounds too ludicrous to be true. Maybe it will become  like
>> the shaver wars and Apple will soon patent the triple-click...
>
> Amazon also patented the online review system, so I wouldn't be surprised
> if Microsoft has patented the double-click. Apple can have the triple
> click.  It doesn't matter because I am just finalizing my patent on the
> quadruple mouse click...

Infringement on 2 patents for the double-click. It's an even number. *smile*

Amazon patented user history for recommendations. Nest thing you know they'll
be whacking some 90-year-old librarian for stealing their method when s/he
recommends a books based on past likings. I hope you see the humorous value
that 21st century patents have brought upon us.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | SuSE, Mandriva, Fedora - Gotta love them girls
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU is Not UNIX  ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  7:50pm  up 24 days  2:29,  11 users,  load average: 1.39, 1.58, 1.49